We are very excited to announce our new wallet, the Diana Wallet. Find it in our online store!
We see Diana, Princess of Wales, born Diana Frances Spencer, as a philanthropic face of love, freedom, and justice. She has been a source of inspiration in the fight against human trafficking. Here are a few of the things we love about her:
- Leadership. During the 1980s, Princess Diana supported victims of AIDS and leprosy by challenging the world’s view and stigma of the diseases as being transported by touch. She demonstrated her compassionate heart for the outcasts through her literal hands-on approach by shaking their hands without a glove and challenging social stigma.
- Wisdom. She understood that physical health was only a part of a person’s wellbeing. She said, “The biggest disease this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.” We see that this is still true today.
- Influence. She earned the name “The People’s Princess.” Her compassionate approach to life captivated the attention and heart of not only the UK, but the United States as well.
- Grace. Although she went through a difficult divorce and under media scrutiny, Princess Diana remained devoted to her two sons, Prince William and Prince Harry, and her mission-filled charities.
- Dedication. After her departure from the Royal family where she was involved in over 100 charitable efforts, she then committed herself to a limited number of them. She said, “If I’m going to talk on behalf of any cause, I want to go and see the problem for myself and learn about it.” She was clearly dedicated to justice and excellence.
- Compassion. Her charity efforts included those affected by AIDS, leprosy, the homeless, children, landmines and explosive remnants of war, support of prisoner’s families, palliative care, and more - all with the mission of justice and dignity for those who deserve it, in other words, all of humankind.
- Love. An essential part of Princess Diana’s life was helping people that no one wanted to see. She said, “I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.” She truly saw every human being and was aware of the suffering going on around her. She used her position as a royal to make a difference.
Many of the trafficked individuals that we come in contact with have suffered such a lack of love and lifetimes of abuse. Like Princess Diana, we want to reach out our hands, and show these people the future of love that they need and deserve. Princess Diana had a rich history of kindness and justice that motivated us to name this wallet after her.
“Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.” - Princess Diana
The suffering that we are seeing around the world from the sexually exploited and trafficked drives our every step. So often human trafficking and exploitation are things that people don’t want to look at because it is difficult and painful to see. Trafficking survivors have not only experienced unimaginable physical trauma, but also deep mental, emotional, and spiritual wounds. The higher the level of healing needed, the higher level of love is needed.
Once you see this issue of suffering, you can’t unsee it. Like Princess Diana, we are committed to seeing the problem, no matter how difficult and overwhelming, and doing whatever we can to combat it!
We hope that every time you use your Diana wallet, you will remember not only the stylish, trend-setting Princess Diana, but also the bravery and kindness that she demonstrated. She wasn’t afraid to touch the “untouchable” and love the “unlovable.” She wasn’t afraid to disrupt the norms for the sake of freedom. Her bravery and selfless love should be remembered and honored through every the use of this wallet.
On the 20th anniversary of Princess Diana’s death, the poem, “England’s Rose,” written by Lewis Hamilton, was published in honor of her life.
We found this incredibly beautiful as our symbol at Eye Heart World is a rose. Each of our roses represents the beauty, delicateness, and uniqueness of each survivor of human trafficking. Here is an excerpt of the poem:
“...England’s beauty Captured in one sweet soul,
Carried the torch God rest her soul,
With the gift she had Shed light up the way,
With a smile to show us a brighter day,
Hearts still full of the love she gave…”
To this day, her sons and people around the world carry on the legacy of genuine love, empathy, and justice that England’s Rose, Princess Diana, bravely created.
“Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life – a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.” - Princess Diana
Here’s where we got our information on Princess Diana: