For many people, Black Friday kicks off the holiday season--at least, the holiday shopping season. With all of the commercialism surrounding Christmas and other winter holidays, it’s easy to forget about the more meaningful parts of the season.
Luckily, there’s a way to start off the holiday season while thinking of others: Giving Tuesday.
The Tuesday after Black Friday, Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving. People around the world donate to charities and nonprofits and support the change makers in their communities.
On this Giving Tuesday, we’ll be hosting a free event with a special twist: Thrivent Financial will match all donations we receive that day, up to $10,000! You can make your kindness go twice as far on November 28th!
Here's a rundown on the event:
- 4:00p-8:00p on November 28th
- At The Exchange, 317 Main Ave., De Pere, WI 54115
- Awareness walk-through experience
- Q&A with Rose Home leadership and local law enforcement at 5:30 and 7:30
- Choose Your Impact options
- Holiday-themed snacks and hors d'oeuvres
- Eye Heart World handbag giveaway
Click here to see the full event details and RSVP.
We’re looking forward to making this holiday season special for our residents at The Rose Home. You can be a part of that by donating to Eye Heart World on Giving Tuesday.